Friday 7 January 2011

Funds for Historic Churches

One of the main aims of the blog is to help congregations to care for their churches. When I ask people about the training, events and services that they'd like from the diocese number one on the list is always funding advice. Now more than ever the funding climate for churches and heritage in general is challenging, both in terms of the funds available and the application processes.

On the blog I'll update you on funding programmes as they open and close as well as giving tips for how and where to get funding. I'll also give you links to what people have done elsewhere, what works and what doesn't and new ways of paying for facilities, such as ways of moving from funding to levering investment.

From March I will be producing funding bulletins to help keep PCCs and the clergy in touch with funding opportunities for their churches and subsequently I will organise some training in where to go, what information is needed and how to fill in application forms.

Hope this all helps and do let me know if there is other information or advice that would be of use to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment